For the start of the fall semester, the Faculty Multimedia Center will be hosting a daily Zoom meeting for any faculty in need of assistance with Zoom or Panopto. Live support will be open to any faculty member, but will be especially helpful for faculty members that are teaching in a classroom and need immediate assistance. The live support Zoom meeting will be held M-F, 8am-5pm from August 24th through September 4th. It is highly suggested that you join from your mobile device so that you can use it to show us the issue and we can try and offer assistance. If you can sign in to Zoom on your mobile device ahead of time and remember the Meeting ID, 930 3861 0006, you will be able to quickly join and speak to a support staff if they are available.
Please note, staff will do their best to solve the issue. However, there may be times that some issues need further assistance from another department like UCFIT or Webcourses@UCF Support. If that is the case, we will direct you the appropriate support line.
Joining the Zoom Meeting
Join the Zoom Meeting from a Mobile Device
It is suggested that members join the live support meeting from the Zoom mobile app on their devices. By doing this, you will be able to use your phone’s camera to show us what issue you are having on the computer.
If your device cannot support the mobile app and you are in a classroom, please call Classroom Support at 407-823-5117.
Steps for Joining the Meeting from a Mobile Device
If you haven’t already done so, please download the Zoom app from the app store on your phone.
After it has been downloaded, check your phone settings to make sure the Zoom app has permission to use your microphone and camera.
- Open the Zoom app and click Sign in
- Sign in with SSO, which is located at the bottom of the screen.
- The company domain is ucf.
- You will then be directed to login with your NID and NID password.
- It will then ask you if you want to open with the Zoom app. Click Open.
- Once the Zoom app is opened and you are logged in, you will see at the top several choices. Click join to join our meeting for help.
- You will enter the Meeting ID: 930 3861 0006 and then click Join Meeting.
- If the waiting room is enabled for this meeting, you may see a screen that notifies you that our help staff is currently helping others and will let you into the meeting as soon as someone becomes available.
- You will then need to connect your audio. Select Call Over Internet or Call Via Device Audio.
- If you are experiencing some audio issues, you can disconnect your audio from the 3 dots (. . .) in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select join audio, click Dial in and select the phone number that starts with area code 929. Once connected, go back to the Zoom app.
- Once in the meeting, you can tap the screen to see the meeting controls at the bottom of the screen. If it’s not already, be sure to unmute yourself and start your video.
- At the top, you will see a little camera icon. Click that to flip your camera around so that you can show us the problem that you are having.
- If you want to see the gallery view of all staff members helping you, swipe left. Otherwise, you can remain on the main screen.